Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm headed to Texas tomorrow, plus some random ish...

Well, it took a while to get all figured out, but I am indeed heading for Texas tomorrow... so that should be interesting. I'm not sure how long I'll actually be there though. It should be anywhere from a week up to a month. So we'll see.

Either way, I'm all packed up and ready...

That's really the main point of this update. The rest is just random junk, so here goes...

I was reading some news clips today and one was regarding the ongoing fighting against rebels in Manila. The catch? The rebels are the Moro Islamic Liberation Front... that's right the MILF. You can't even make this stuff up.

The situation leads to some interesting sounding headlines...

Army soldiers stumble into abandoned MILF camp

Another MILF camp falls

Troops kill 7 MILF rebels (link doesn't work right)

and

Please don’t use controversial terms, MILF asks media

For some reason headlines like those just crack me up no matter how many I see... despite the fact that they really do have a dangerous MILF situation over with deadly MILF guerrilla fighters throughout the country... I know, I'm a terrible, terrible person.

I'm too lazy to watch the Daily Show anymore, I wonder if they've had anything about this?

So, the D-Rays have been pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot for a little while now, and the real question is whether they'll win the AL east or the Wild Card.

Even still, the St. Pete Times blog about the Devil Rays, the Heater, has been hypothesizing for a while with posts on how exactly and when the Rays can officially clinch their first playoff appearance in the history of ever though.

It's the classic "if these teams lose and these teams win and if the sun is quarter eclipsed by the moon, then Team A will clinch a playoff appearance with at least a tie..." kind of stuff that always comes around this time of year.

It reminded me of the Baseketball scene where they have the ESPN analysts help viewers figure out how the Beers can make the playoffs...



Man, I haven't seen that movie in a while. I forgot how many great quotes were in it. Here's a couple of my faves...

Joseph R. Cooper: Hey pigfucker, can I call you pigfucker?
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: No, only my friends can call me pigfucker.
...
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Your bed is over here.
[indicates a dog bed]
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Dude, that is so fuckin' weak! How am I supposed to get a chick in that?
Joseph R. Cooper: Oh, don't worry, dude. You couldn't get a chick if you had a hundred dollar bill hanging out of your zipper.
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Yeah I could.
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: No. Dude, you're a little bitch!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: I am not! I don't even know why I hang out with you guys, anyway.
Joseph R. Cooper: 'Cause you're a piece of shit.
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: I am not a piece of shit!
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Yeah, but you're a little bitch.
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Goddammit! I swear if you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times... I'm outta here!

Also, in continuing the trend of posting videos when I download a new random song to my iPod, here goes... So the one I just downloaded? Cameo's "Word Up!" It's gonna be a funky flight to Texas indeed...



Word up indeed!

Plus, you gotta love the Levar Burton "cameo" (Sometimes it's just the little things that please me so much). That dude has been all over the place, freaking Roots, "Star Trek," "Word Up!,""Captain Planet" (Kwame), "Reading Rainbow,"even an episode of "Family Guy"... so it's no surprise that he's got the mad moves too, I mean damn woman!

2 comments:

Carl said...

Well, shit, everyone knows that Levar Burton has the weird 80's Techno-Funk in his soul! Where you been at?

No way Data could have busted those moves...


New York huh? Nicely done. I'm still in Colorado, and our parks are still better than yours. Of course our baseball team has become a source of diminishing amusement and increasing pity...

Just wanted to let you know I was lurking out here, good to see you doing well.

Chris said...

Word up man... if you're ever interested in coming to NYC just let me know, hehe... I'll show you some nice parks too!

The Rockies had their random fun last year anyway, hehe.

Well, hopefully everything's going well in the big square state.

Being from Alaska and now living in CO, you'll probably laugh at my next quick post, winter is going to be interesting...