Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm still alive in Texas...

Hey, I saw this story and it was just so random I figured I post it real quick... thus also providing proof that I'm still alive.

Just click it, it's just one of those truth is stranger than fiction kind of things.

Also, I'm keeping plenty busy in Texas and I'm trying to eat plenty of Mexican food while I'm here (since they really do outnumber folks like me where I happen to be working...)

Lately I've had lunch at such hot spots as "Pepe's Taco House" off the side of the highway, "Taqueria," and "Tacos y Tamales." They were all pretty good, but none were as good as the place in Fort Worth.

I've also gotten to try Jack-in-the-Box and Whataburger (both firsts for me).

So... is it a bad thing that my travels seem to always revolve around eating and getting drunk? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it I suppose.

Also... go Rays! I'm hoping the Red Sox win tonight, because if they do, the Rays game will be moved later and I'll be able to watch at least some of it after work at my Hooters here! We'll see what happens with that.

On that note... I've got to hit the hay. G'night!

Oh yeah... and it really isn't uncommon to see folks wandering around with cowboy hats on at all here. I didn't realize how common that actually would be... and I seriously heard this guy yell out "Dad-vernit!" while the Texas Longhorns game was on at Hooters. I just found that interesting... and chuckled a little bit because it caught me off guard.

Well, g'night for real now!

No comments: