Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Lone Star State...

I got the Internet in my hotel, hooray!

It's been a while, and I gotsta get to sleep pretty soon so that means bullets...

First I went to Fort Worth, Texas, which was fairly laid back and I got to go hit the town and hit up some of the bars my friend from the area always talked up. They were a blast.

* One even had $2.50 Long Island Iced Teas... ridiculousness. I can't remember the last time I had that much to drink (literally). The only minus about that place was that they wouldn't sell me (alone) a pitcher of beer to save money. Oh well.

* I can't even describe how good the the Mexican food was at one of the places I went... though I have to admit I tried a different Mexican restaurant and its food tasted like dog food. You win some and you lose some, right?

* The folks were all really nice... including this one guy who struck up a conversation with me while he was waiting for a bus. I could probably write his bio with all the stuff he told me (it was only a ten-minute conversation, hehe). He told me several of his past jobs, family history and even the name of the hospital he as born in, ... weird.

After a few days though, I got sent down to the Houston area to roll up my sleeves and do some real work (12-hour days, 7 days a week, 30 days total) so I won't be doing much drinking or partying (or posting really) for about a month. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and interesting and I'm glad I'm here... it's just long hours and a lot of work.

Heck, my liver will probably enjoy the break and quality healing time.

Though I will say there isn't much to do around where I'm staying, and I don't have much time to do anything... I am staying near a Hooters though, which is a pretty big plus. Maybe by the time I leave, the girls at the bar will recognize me...

Well, work starts at 7, and I've got a driving commute again (I miss the subway, bad), so I've really got to hit the hay.

I'll be back!... eventually.

No comments: