Sunday, July 20, 2008

A quick tour of my "under construction" apartment

My apartment is starting to look like someone lives here... it's crazy.

Along with tons of other random things, I spent a good part of today trying to make all the moving parts in the ubercade-lite (or entertainment center for weird folk) work right. It should all run now... except the Atari... I didn't even bother to mess with that one yet. I'll eventually see if that one has anything left in it.

Heck, I barely got the NES to work. I had to repeatedly try every classic trick in the book (most of you know what I'm talking about) to get Batman to run smoothly... including run it with the Game Genie.

I was eventually successful though, and consequently killed about an hour and a half of my morning fighting the Joker and his goons in honor of the new Batman movie...


I also rigged it so the NES comes through both the TV and the floor speakers, so I was rocking out to some awesome classic Nintendo music.

I tested the record player out too with some Elvis... "Hound Dog" of course.

As for the radio... it works but all I can get are the weird cha-cha music stations that are always playing in the bodegas and such in my neighborhood.

Well, here goes with the down and dirty tour of my new apartment.

Here's a quick view of the whole living room as it is now...


Here's a quick view of the hallway... this is what you would see walking straight through my front door (the living room is immediately to the left as you walk in)...

Click this picture and look at the top right to get a better look at my absolute favorite piece of art. Ever.

You can sort of see the "guest room" through a cracked open door in that picture. Right now, it is basically filled with random boxes and junk... and a naked twin bed.

I only actually have one full set of twin sheets.. I don't even have a mattress pad for the guest bed yet. I was at K-Mart getting some random things for the apartment and I was pretty tempted to get the most ridiculous set of sheets for the guest bed I could find. They had a nice set of Hannah Montana sheets for pretty cheap.

You can see the Scotch rack to the right in that last picture. Here's a better look at it in a picture taken from the end of the hall toward the front door...


I've started finding places for the booze, like the Scotch rack, a wine rack in the kitchen and my super-secret place for all the top shelf stuff... but as you can see in the photos there is still a lot more stuff to find a home for. I'll figure something out for the booze though. No need to worry there.

Here's a picture of my upgraded sleeping arrangements...


And for good measure, I'll throw in a pic of my massive kitchen...


In case you're wondering... yes, the refrigerator door hits the sink if you try to open it all the way.

Well, that's my home sweet home. Hopefully some of you will come see it in person. Just tell me when is good for you. I've already got a variety of visitors tentatively lined up for parts of September, which should be a lot of fun.

I'll try to have sheets for the extra bed by then... however, I make no guarantees on what or who might be on them...

Well, I'm off to enjoy a second night in a real bed!

1 comment:

Michelle H. said...

Glad to see the Colonel has come out of storage and found a new home. :-)